Being a hot country, where the temperatures see a huge rise during the summer, India has an unsurprisingly rapidly growing AC market, with a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 18-20% between 2001 and 2014.
The market grew from $3.8 million in 2013 to about $4 million in 2014 and in this period, 6,05,000 AC units, 2,00,000 AC inverters units and 24,45,000 units of high wall splits were sold. With over 25 players in the market, sales are only expected to increase in the future.
However, the real problem starts after you buy the air conditioner. India still faces many problems like power shortage, voltage fluctuations, high electricity bills and more, which is why the savings have to start from the process of buying itself. This is why it is useful to check for air conditioner offers online to get the most savings, along with features like low electricity consumption and capacity to weather the volatile voltage!
How to Get the Best Price?
- Decide on the Type: ACs are available in two types, window and split. While Split ACs are considered to be more effective in terms of cooling, they also are more expensive and require higher levels of maintenance. On the other hand, Window ACs are cheaper and can be easily installed. It is preferred by the people living on rent and need to shift frequently.
- Buy During Off-Season: The AC market is typically at its peak during the months of April and May, when the summer begins to peak as well. However, the smart move would be to make the purchase once the season is over and the prices decline.
- Buy Online: Just like other appliances, you can get many offers on air conditioners online and save some money. The prices are relatively cheaper than in physical stores. Also, look for the best AC deals online before making the purchase.
- Buy During Festive Season: Diwali and Dhanteras is the best time to make a purchase in India. Websites like Zopper have already announced 50% discounts on electronics and home appliances.
- What Size Do You Need: Another important factor in cost savings is deciding on the size of the appliance. The bigger the size, more the efficiency and more will be the electricity consumption. The size of the AC depends upon the size of the room it will be fitted in.
You can still save the money after making the purchase by:
- Drawing the curtains of the room to increase efficiency.
- Turning off the fan as it pulls the air.
- Cleaning the filters regularly.
- Setting the temperature at a slightly higher level than desired.